1. Hard-boiled all the eggs and then slip them into cold water to cool.
2. Peel all the eggs and cut each in half lengthwise.
3. Separate the yoke from the egg white and put them aside in a bowl.
4. Mix food coloring with water in separate cups or bowls as directed on the food coloring package.
5. Slip the egg whites carefully into the food coloring and allow them to sit for several minutes until they change color as desired.
6. Mash the egg yolks together with mayonnaise and any desired spices or salt to form a creamy consistency.
7. Remove the egg whites from the cups, allow them to dry off or pat with a paper towel, and then arrange them neatly on a platter or serving dish.
8. Fill each egg white with the egg yolk mixture and garnish with paprika before serving.